Green artifacts with QuickTime

moshem

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have OSX running well on an PC, with the latest 0.2 full patches.

The only issue I still have is artifacts with Quicktime, it seems that movies played from

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

for example, are covered with green artifacts. when you open a menu above the video, what ever part of the video that gets in the way of the menu shadow gets displayed Ok, the rest stays green.

Anyone knows of a solution ?

Maybe this is a bug in one of the patches ?

thanks

This happened to me too. Everything is green and pink when played in quicktime. If you right click over it the menu shadow area is drawn correctly, and if you minimize the window the colors are correct there, too.

It only started happening to me after the patches so I assume one of them is the cause (likely CoreGraphics).

I have all the patches installed also and mine works great! The only problem I have had was when I tried to download iTune 4.9 the column on the left where you select your os and click the download button didn't show anything. I was able to get it downloaded by highlighting the area of the page so then I could see what was there. That was using Safari, I installed FireFox and checked it with that and it was fine.

I have all the patches installed also and mine works great!  The only problem I have had was when I tried to download iTune 4.9 the column on the left where you select your os and click the download button didn't show anything.  I was able to get it downloaded by highlighting the area of the page so then I could see what was there.  That was using Safari, I installed FireFox and checked it with that and it was fine.

Did you try playing trailers from apple site ? using QuickTime ?

My PC with an ATI card works flawlessly, but green stuff appears all over my videos, strangely, when the same trailer is played in iTunes, there are no green artifacts.

Since QuickTime player is native x86 binary and iTunes is PPC, maybe this is a clue.

Yep, I can play all of the trailers that you mentioned on the Apple web site using Quicktime with no problems. No artifacts whatsoever, looks great on my system! I might also add that I have been very lucky to not be experiencing many of the problems that many people are talking about. I'm not sure why, but my system is running great. I set up a dual boot with Windows XP and I haven't used XP since I put OSX86 on here yesterday morning.

This is so fun!!!