IOUSBFamily.kext failed to load

dutchiee (=

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

for some reason my IOUSBFamily.kext failes to load. When i check in verbose mode, it goes too fast so i cant see exactly what is happening.

i am about to try this solution:

PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse - disable 2 kexts as follows:

Boot your install DVD and go into the installer. Select Terminal in the Utilities menu and type:

>cd "/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)" <--- use quotes if name has spaces

- but don't use parentheses

cd System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

cd Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns

mv ApplePS2Trackpad.kext ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.bak

mv ApplePS2Mouse.kext ApplePS2Mouse.kext.bak

Quit Terminal and the Installer and Reboot without the DVD

I honestly doubt that it will help, although u never know as i do have a PS2 kb and a USB mouse.

seeing as my USB's wont be detected i doubt my mouse will work
:)

any idea's?

hey i just gathered more info from my problem and it says that it fails to load com.apple.driver.USBOHCI and USBEHCI.

im working on a 10.4.8 install disk and on an Asus m2n-sli deluxe. and on the thread, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...SBOHCI&st=0 i cannot download from sendspace because i have a proxy. isit possible if someone uses that file and uploads it elsewhere, then i replace my files?

do you think that might work?

heyy.. ok i would love to use that except i cant even boot yet.. because i cant setup my keyboard or anything. The only way i could install kexts is through my other drive on xp with macdrive 7.

either that or by single user mode. but if in this mode then u would have to teach me how to do these things.

wait wait, where did u get vmware from? haha and also , does it allow u to mod mac partitions ??? i didnt think it did aye :S.

and just to be sure, in the tutorial section, im lookin for a tutorial that explains how to add kexts or update drivers or what? hahha.

i can never find the tutorial section =\, i must keep looking! :thumbsup_anim:

thanks

hmm thats all great and all.. except how do i install my kexts from vmware? i mean i still have to boot the OS :P and then either go into single user mode or use macdrive. how would you install the USB kexts u provided above?