Leopard InsanelyFast!

DsurioN

15 posts in this topic

Just installed leopard and man, it is fast! It's real slow at first when spotlight is indexing but once that's done everything zooms by! The eye candy is smoother (maybe due to core animation?) and apps launch from the dock with only one bounce! I just have two little problems with Safari:

1. No "X" button to close tabs, you have to do command - W or right-click and click close tab

2. Webclip seems to not be present.

I had the Safari 3.0 beta installed in Tiger and I upgraded to Leopard. Could it be that this is still the Tiger version of Safari 3.0 and it messed up during the install?

The Safari option under "Optional Installs" says "This package contains Safari 2.0". Did they just forget to update the version numbers or did they include it in optional installs precisely if someone wants to return to safari 2.0?

EDIT: I fixed it by trashing Safari and then double-clicking on the Safari package on the leopard install disk. Now webclip is there and the close tab buttons are as well.

post-54529-1183165583_thumb.png

Something's definately wrong with that. It's like a mutant between 2.0 and 3.0. I recommend just pulling the package off of the DVD and reinstalling Safari.

that is strange.. Where is your little "cut" button..

I upgraded and mine worked.. it was just full of bugs... I'm going to wait..

but back to original question.. If thats leopard, then where is the little cut box to cut parts of the webpage and place them on the dashbord?

then it would seem there is a problem with the update install... good to know

so you say you installed the 3.0 safari beta in Tiger then updated to the 9a446a Leopard install and Safari didn't change? seems odd, but I'm thinking that the installer noticed the Safari version and left it alone

any other Leopard betas installed?

And here's the weird thing:

9a466 *allows* software updates. It just updated my itunes to the newest version. It *did not* update Safari, and when I tried to download and install the newer version of Safari manually, Leo tells me "You cannot install Safari 3 Beta on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

• 2 weeks later...