when will the new iMac be released?

6 posts in this topic

When will apple introduce the new imac, because my parents want to buy one, but the one that apple sells now is way outdated and to expensive. I want to wait, because the new imac will be worth the money, but i want to know how long that i have to wait...

Soon, I should think. http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac

The last time they took this long to get out new iMacs was the G4->G5 transition, so I'm expecting something big. Perhaps a new case, probably improved screens, and almost certainly a new graphics cards. I think we are going to see the GMA X3xxx on the low end, in addition to some replacement of the ATi X1600 on the rest of the models.

When will apple introduce the new imac, because my parents want to buy one, but the one that apple sells now is way outdated and to expensive. I want to wait, because the new imac will be worth the money, but i want to know how long that i have to wait...

Nobody knows, all we know is they're working on it! ^_^

The macrumors guide is your best bet, apple are so super-secretive...I'm hoping they bring out brushed aluminum iMacs, like the iPod mini or new nano....

i hope they bring out a totally new design and with the possibility to choos a decent graphics card (like a geforce 8800)

and that's probably what they will do:

Appleinsider reports that the long awaited iMac updates will finally be released in mid to late summer -- "sometime between the latter half of July and mid-August".

Appleinsider reiterates that the 20" and 24" iMacs will see radical redesigns "both slimmer and sleeker" than today's offerings.

When the project manifests later this summer, it will represent the first major industrial design overhaul to hit the flagship all-in-one consumer Apple desktops in nearly three years.

The 17" iMac is notably absent from the planned makeover and is expected to be discontinued.

According to our Buyer's Guide, the iMac was last updated in September 2006 -- 286 days ago.

I doubt even Apple could fit an 8800 into an iMac case unless the case is much more thicker than it is now. Most likely it will be an 8600GT or 8600GTS....with 128, 256, or 512Mb memory. I also doubt Apple will make the case anodized aluminum, since that material is used ONLY on pro models of Apple products (atleast so far).