way to bypass Kernel Panics?

dutchiee (=

7 posts in this topic

Heyy i have an Amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ AM2 cpu.. and to be able to boot into my mac i have to boot into safe mode using the -x boot command.

is there anyway to bypass the kernel panic and to boot normally? and no i cant disable one core.. i dont know how with my asus m2n-sli deluxe motherboard.

thanks

Do u have a nvidia graphics card? If so you have to insert your device id into geforce.kext if not you get panic...

geforce.kext does not load on safe boot thats why it works with -x

I dont think x2 has anything to do with your kernel panic... you could boot with -v and take a pic of panic... so we know where it stops...

is there anyway to bypass the kernel panic and to boot normally? and no i cant disable one core.. i dont know how with my asus m2n-sli deluxe motherboard.

Use this boot flag at the Darwin Prompt:

cpus=1

Not sure if that's going to solve your problem though...

hey thanks, i installed macvidia but that didnt help.. now it crashes with that :'(, so first, how do i uninstall macvidia? and second of all, how do i find my device ID?

thanks ;)

edit: by the way, i know this is off topic but how would i get my audio (m2n-sli deluxe oboard.. 8ch) to work aswell as my lan(i have a seperate lan conection in PCi slot) to work? they arent detected :S

edit2:i am currently in windows and went into the device manager.. and then went into my graphic card and blah blah and finally came up with this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1\4&5E1D6BE&0&0078

is that what i need or??

hey!!

ok im back in business, i am back to a desktop. i am now gonna work on putting my device ID into the geforce.kext file ^_^

just curious, but where abouts in geforce.kext do i put it :S?

ok, i was considering using titan/natit.. except on the osx86 wiki some guy wrote this:

GeForce 7950 GT (PCIe) - eVGA - 0x0295 - 512MB - Just hangs when attempting to load loginWindow.app. Manually edited titan.kext and natit installer both yield the same results. Also edited GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and manually added 0x029510de&0xfff0ffff as the IOPCIMATCH string. No luck. -WallStreet .

He has the same Device ID as me.. so i hope i can get it all working. Do u have to edit GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and basically do what he did?