Can't get DVD to boot

homers

14 posts in this topic

Hi

I have Mac OS X 10.4.8 JAS version DVD. I have a S-ATA II 320GB HD with 2 partitions on with Vista and one with nothing. I have 2 IDE DVD Drives and one brand new Lite on SATA DVDRW Drive. Before I recieved my new optical drive(the SATA one) I had the problem 'Still waiting for root device' when I booted into my DVD. I read that this occured when you Hard drive and your DVD drive were not on the same channel or something like that. As a result I bought this S-ATA DVD drive and connected it to S-aTA channel 2 and my Hard Drive on Channel 1. I booted into me DVD and the same problem occurs. I un plugged all my IDE devices and then had my SATA DVD drive connected to S-ATA channel 1 and the HD connected to channel 2 and the 'Still waiting for root device' error occurs. What can I possibly do to boot into this DVD?

Here is a photo of my diagnostics screen:

img0273890yb9.th.jpg

Thanks

It is a custom build. The DVD works on my Dell but that has a poor spec and has no Internet access. I need it on my main build.

My Spec is:

CPU - Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo

GPU - NVidia EN8800GTX

M/board - ABIT IB9

Sound card - Creative X-FI X-Treme Music

DVD DRIVES - 1. Sony DVD-ROM IDE

2. Pioneer DVD RW IDE

3. Lite-on DVD RW S-ATA

HDD - Western Digital Caviar SE 320GB

HDD 2 - Maxtor 160GB

Hi

Ok I have had this problem with this PC for about 5 months. I think I might give up on this PC + Mac. I have OS X installed on my Dell GX260 but when I power the PC it just displays that blinking line "-". It ran 10.4.6 ok but not 10.4.8. What Can I do to fix that. If I get it working would it be good at running OS X. Would it be just as powerful as some of Apples new macs out?

I am having the same problem with my Dell 9200.

I just cannot get past the "Still waiting for root device" error which constantly appears. I have done everything in the guides correctly, so I don't know what to do now:(