3rd Graphicscard for Triple Head?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

i need more desktop-place and i am thinking about buying a second graphicscard for Triple Head.

My Mainboard is an Intel 975XBX2KR with 3 PCI Express X16-Slots.

Will OSX86 run with a second XFX Geforce 7600GT (identical to the first one)?

Is that possible?

Cheers,

joon

OSX handles multiple gfx-cards fine, hacked drivers on the other side, may cause troubles.

I read about some one with a 7600 card having issues with 2 cards not too long ago.

From my testing natit seems to be the problem for my dualcard setup (x1900xt and radeon 7000) with all reference to the 7000 removed from natit it still tries to force the same driver for both cards.

I have read about some ppl getting dual cards working, but not when using natit(or drivers based on it).

I read about some one with a 7600 card having issues with 2 cards not too long ago.

I wonder if that was me. I tried running my X800 and 7600GT at the same time, but I could only get one or the other to work (but they worked in either of my PCIe slots). I think some people have done it with two X1950s. Unfortunately I don't have two of the same model card to test it with.

• 3 months later...

Interesting thread...

So for example may it be possible with 2x x1800xl for example? Or an intel integrated 950 graphics + an ati x1800xl ? ( I assume an ati x1800xl is compatible in dual head mode as single card, isn't it?)

Is there any news about natit for dual nvidia card setup (that seems to be the best for dual head actually) ?

Thanks!

Mal