Webmail and Mac..

collar

8 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

Sorry if this might seem a stupid question, I'm new to Mac, and im having problems attaching files to my messages in Yahoo Mail & Gmail through my Mac setup (OSx86 10.4.8). I'm sure this has nothing to do with the OSx installation but maybe I need to do something to enable this...? I've tried with Safari & Firefox browsers..

Thanks for all the help..:)

Collar

:star_smile:

Dear Friends,

Sorry if this might seem a stupid question, I'm new to Mac, and im having problems attaching files to my messages in Yahoo Mail & Gmail through my Mac setup (OSx86 10.4.8). I'm sure this has nothing to do with the OSx installation but maybe I need to do something to enable this...? I've tried with Safari & Firefox browsers..

Thanks for all the help.. :P

Collar

:rolleyes:

Same thing was happening to me. I had to end up using Thunderbird or dot mac. Also, it depends on the file types, like for instance I couldn't send any gband files for some reason.

I don't think you need to enable anything, I think it's just a problem we have because we aren't on real Mac hardware.

I don't see how this could be related to using a hackintosh. I don't use Yahoo, and don't normally use gmail for sending anything, but I just tested it in gmail, and attaching a file worked fine.

Same thing was happening to me. I had to end up using Thunderbird or dot mac. Also, it depends on the file types, like for instance I couldn't send any gband files for some reason.

I don't think you need to enable anything, I think it's just a problem we have because we aren't on real Mac hardware.

Thanks for that !..I was getting worried. :) ..A friend of mine has an old Macbook (clam shell model) and I just asked him about this, he said he has similar issues when using a web based mail client like Yahoo..Anyway, I'll get Thunderbird and see how it goes. Thanks again Macshiba :thumbsup_anim:

Hi,

my problem was that often my system hanged attaching files to my messages in webmail and I had this problem both with Safari both with Firefox.

As I told you I solved by changing the window aspect from preview to list menu: when you try to attach a file in webmail you can select it from a new Finder window that appears on your screen. On the top of this window you can change the aspect from preview to list mode.

In preview mode my system hangs and I cannot send webmail attachments... in list mode it works fine.

Here you can see two images:

Preview mode

02jc8.th.jpg

List mode

01ga1.th.jpg

Bye

Hi,

my problem was that often my system hanged attaching files to my messages in webmail and I had this problem both with Safari both with Firefox.

As I told you I solved by changing the window aspect from preview to list menu: when you try to attach a file in webmail you can select it from a new Finder window that appears on your screen. On the top of this window you can change the aspect from preview to list mode.

In preview mode my system hangs and I cannot send webmail attachments... in list mode it works fine.

Here you can see two images:

Preview mode

02jc8.th.jpg

List mode

01ga1.th.jpg

Bye

Thanks very much Mspr. This helped a lot and I managed to attach some files!! ;)

Updating...you're right about some file types not getting attached. Also the 'List' over 'Preview' mode in Finder helped manage attaching those files that could be attached. Thanks again Macshiba & Mspr for your time and suggestions..Highly appreciated!:)