Apple takes dig at Microsoft with Windows BSOD icon in Mac OS X Leopard

EFI

23 posts in this topic

Its a double pun! They used a yellowed CRT screen :)

I know, that was kind of low (the yellow CRT)... The leading cause of BSOD is bad drivers btw. I laughed a good bit when I saw the icon, but its just spreading FUD. :star_smile:

Apple! Windows sucking doesnt make your products better! It makes MS's products worse! I wish their marketing department would understand this.

I know, that was kind of low (the yellow CRT)... The leading cause of BSOD is bad drivers btw. I laughed a good bit when I saw the icon, but its just spreading FUD. :star_smile:

Apple! Windows sucking doesnt make your products better! It makes MS's products worse! I wish their marketing department would understand this.

I agree with you erei33....but then again, no one restricted Microsoft from using a failed connection icon that shows a Cinema Display with a kernel panic displayed....or the original Macintosh with the spinning cursor when the network connection failed to a Mac share now did they? To be honest...I would laugh bothways. If Microsoft did something like this...and made a crude joke on Apple like so...I would still laugh. Its how they get the classic joke across that matters.

Somehow I doubt this would make it into the final version though...but it would be funny if it did.

EFI just made me realize, How come microsoft never fights back at apple, apple cracks all sorts of jokes about microsoft, but microsoft never does anything back, what a bunch of corporate pussies :rolleyes:

I agree with you erei33....but then again, no one restricted Microsoft from using a failed connection icon that shows a Cinema Display with a kernel panic displayed....or the original Macintosh with the spinning cursor when the network connection failed to a Mac share now did they? To be honest...I would laugh bothways. If Microsoft did something like this...and made a crude joke on Apple like so...I would still laugh. Its how they get the classic joke across that matters.

Somehow I doubt this would make it into the final version though...but it would be funny if it did.

True. It wouldn't be as bad if it only displayed the BSOD when the PC couldnt network. In a lot of ways that would be even more funny.

EFI just made me realize, How come microsoft never fights back at apple, apple cracks all sorts of jokes about microsoft, but microsoft never does anything back, what a bunch of corporate pussies :rolleyes:

It's called taking the high ground. And I commend it. I find Apple's continued attacks on MS to be nothing short of childish. By constantly comparing themselves to MS, Apple is only proving they have a major chip on their shoulder.

It's called taking the high ground. And I commend it. I find Apple's continued attacks on MS to be nothing short of childish. By constantly comparing themselves to MS, Apple is only proving they have a major chip on their shoulder.

While Apple does throw most of the punches around....dont come to the conclusion that Microsoft is always innocent here. Although they dont openly publicize it like Apple does, they do it silently. One example is if you look back at CES07...you will see Microsoft make an indirect punch at Apple's Time Machine when they were demoing Volume Shadow Copy feature in Vista...with the presenter concluding by saying "Its better than going back in time". They dont mention Apple at all...but it is understood that it was aimed at Apple.

I'm not saying what Apple is doing is right....but at the same time, Microsoft is not in a position to defend themselves either...becuase what Apple is saying is true....blatently open and intimidating...but true neverthless.

I have a neutral standpoint on this. If you look at any company's product, you will always see things like this. "Compare to the active ingredient in ....." is just a 'nice' way of saying "LOL WE WIN!" I find it rather refreshing that Apple does this. I especially liked the introduction for Networking at the Keynote. "So say you've got an old Windows computer up in the attic....[laughter]."

I especially liked the introduction for Networking at the Keynote. "So say you've got an old Windows computer up in the attic....[laughter]."

I also liked when the listed they product versions for Leopard! Basic= $125 Premium= $125

Business= $125 Enterprise= $125 Ultimate=125 "We think most of you will buy the Ultimate Version"

I also liked when the listed the product versions for Leopard! Basic= $125 Premium= $125

Business= $125 Enterprise= $125 Ultimate=125 "We think most of you will buy the Ultimate Version"

Hahahaha, was this in the Keynote? I don't remember it.

AFAIK Steve Jobs had made a vow to beat Microsoft totally. Dont really remember where I got this. But I am sure this is true. I mean, I would be royally pissed if he stole my greatest Idea, which I stole from someone else.

XeroxLogo.png

"Good artist copy, great artist steal"

The only difference here is that Apple paid Xerox to see their technology (GUI).....while Microsoft didn't when they copied Apple. They (MS) didn't even have a plan nor an idea when they proposed to IBM in licencing Windows. They had nothing....it was pure stroke of luck from Paul Allen. :happymac:

The only difference here is that Apple paid Xerox to see their technology (GUI).....while Microsoft didn't when they copied Apple. They (MS) didn't even have a plan nor an idea when they proposed to IBM in licencing Windows. They had nothing....it was pure stroke of luck from Paul Allen. :happymac:

So its kinda like me paying for a demonoid invite and downloading a ton of movies and games, and then my {censored} neighboor from Uzbekistan gets invited for free and downloads a ton of movies and games!

So its kinda like me paying for a demonoid invite and downloading a ton of movies and games, and then my {censored} neighboor from Uzbekistan gets invited for free and downloads a ton of movies and games!

The Borat inference works quite nicely there, lol...but hey, atleast it looks better on your part for paying for it so that history wont come back 25 years later and bite you in the ass, only this time...the general public are more smarter and will take notice. :thumbsup_anim:

Here comes my screenshot... :unsure:

Nice screen Jeff, your network is pretty full! I couldnt help but notice that your flag in the menubar is displaying what looks like the flag of the Peoples Republic of China. Are you actually from and browsing InsanelyMac from the PRC? I dont mean to sound ignorant, but I've read so much about internet censorship over in China.

• 2 weeks later...