GeForce8xxxGLDriver

4 posts in this topic

Dont know if anyone knows this or not but the new Geforce drivers have support for TESLA.

I was playing around with them in IDA pro :thumbsup_anim:

Seeing as the Tesla chipset was only released in the past couple of weeks, and Apple don't produce anything that uses them (and won't for quite some time, if ever), then no, they don't support it. Not sure what a GeForce 8xxx GL Driver has to do with Tesla which is a completely different chip series. (Ok, it's based on an 8800 core but that's about where the similarities stop)

I'm not sure why Apple would provide specific support for a GPU that can't actually be used to output to a monitor either, they're a processing card only for renderfarms and the like.

Seeing as the Tesla chipset was only released in the past couple of weeks, and Apple don't produce anything that uses them (and won't for quite some time, if ever), then no, they don't support it. Not sure what a GeForce 8xxx GL Driver has to do with Tesla which is a completely different chip series. (Ok, it's based on an 8800 core but that's about where the similarities stop)

I'm not sure why Apple would provide specific support for a GPU that can't actually be used to output to a monitor either, they're a processing card only for renderfarms and the like.

The driver has support for it!

Whether they sell them on apple.com or not is irrelevant!

Not sure what that is...

Here yea go.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/21/nv...launches_tesla/