b0 error

toxicityj

5 posts in this topic

I read what a b0 error is on the wiki. and I'm not understanding the instructions on how to fix it very well, so maybe one of you can help.

here's what I did:

I partitionsed my Harddrive into two parts. 40gb for osx and the rest for whatever else I decide to put on the computer (most likely Vista or Ubuntu). then I rebooted and got me a lovely "b0 error"

so first question is, did I set it all up correctly so that I can eventually set it up to dual boot?

and second is how do I fix that b0 error so I can boot into osx?

Thanks in advance :(

you need to set the active (bootable) flag on your pertition. this can be done in many ways with different software, but essentially it just marks the partition as the one to boot from. examples of suitable software are: fdisk, gparted or partition magic. fdisk exists in almost evcery os, and gparted even comes as it's own bootable cd. check out the instructions for any of these.

I'm downloading the gparted live cd now. hopefully that'll take care of it. if not, would getting rid of my partitions and installing it on my entire harddrive fix that problem? and if so, I can partition later, install windows, etc. right?