Unsanity Shapeshifter

Taylor_C

5 posts in this topic

Uhh, Little Snitch just caught Address Book attempting to connect to Unsanity's server. Any idea why it's trying to do that? It weirded me out a bit, I don't have any contacts that remotely relate to Unsanity in any way, and I don't know why it would try to connect to their server. The only possible reason that I can think of would be Shapeshifter trying to connect to their servers, but it uhh, went through address book.

Uhh, Little Snitch just caught Address Book attempting to connect to Unsanity's server. Any idea why it's trying to do that? It weirded me out a bit, I don't have any contacts that remotely relate to Unsanity in any way, and I don't know why it would try to connect to their server. The only possible reason that I can think of would be Shapeshifter trying to connect to their servers, but it uhh, went through address book.

If you recently upgraded to 10.4.10, your Address Book application got updated. Shapeshifter connects to Unsanity server to check if the new application version is ok to theme or not?

Hmmm - maybe it wants to know whether it's safe to theme Address Book? Especially if the version number has changed, then something may trigger it to connect...

Edit: note to self: read previous posts before posting next time!