Front Row plugins

Kallis

38 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress Report: Finally! (Not all that interesting to most, unfortunately.)

I installed the "Sources" plugin under 9A466, and it appears. Unfortunately, you can't set it up with itunes because itunes on another mac does not see FR2 as an ATV.

ATVFiles shows up! It works too, but only for iTunes playable files. No avi, MKV, etc. It will play m4v, h.264 mov files, and mp4.

Youtube does not appear "out of the box".

Also: you MUST install the AppleTV.framework to /Sys/Lib/PrvtFrmwrks (abbrv). Get this from the ATV 1.1 disk image.

Actually, this thread is trying to get AppleTV plugins to work on the new Front Row in leopard. Leopard's FR works on any Mac, and currently there is no effort being made to run Leopard on the Appletv.

**This Post is Slightly Off-Topic**

How did you guys get the leopard beta running on the appletv, specifically which partition tables did you use, i heard that leopard requires guid but appletv runs apple partition maps, ill just try it out and see
Actually, this thread is trying to get AppleTV plugins to work on the new Front Row in leopard. Leopard's FR works on any Mac, and currently there is no effort being made to run Leopard on the Appletv.

Actually, when I think about it, Leo should run fine on the ATV. The ATV does use the GUID partition scheme, because APM only works for PPC. Also, Leopard works on both PPC/Intel macs, so therefore, it must support GPT and APM.

GUID Partition Table (GPT) - All Intel Procs.

Apple Partition Map (APM) - All PPC Procs.

So, in theory, Leopard should work just as Tiger does. Unfortunately, there is no version of semthex's kernel for Leopard. I'm not completely sure if the kernel is OS-specific, but I do think it is.

Thanks for the help, ill check it out but i have to work on a dualboot on my atv, currently thats the only mac thing that i own or else i would so load it up on my macbook, my sister has let me use her macbook for installing all the {censored} on my atv though, a little off topic too but do you know where the ir receiver drivers are in mac os x, i can't seem to find them because i think i need to add the driver thats in the atv orignal os into my mac os x install since it is not finding the ir receiver and stupid system profiler keeps crashing on it, sorry for the offtopicness