Alot of problems with santa rosa....

5 posts in this topic

I've been checking the Apple discussion forums, and there seems to be a ton of issues with the new Santa Rosa Platform based MBP's.. I thought I posted this earlier, but cant seem to find it (maybe I didnt hit "post")

Anyway, I'm quite surprised Apple has not worked out all of the issue's which still remain from the 1.0 version such HEAT RELATED ISSUES. Now there is the Screen flickering with the LED screens, color issues, and overapplication of thermal paste(AGAIN)., and several OTHER ISSUES.... :(

Guess I ought to feel lucky my 1.1 has been straight since I got it..... (I still use SMC fan control on both mac's tho all the time to stay in the high 40's)

Man, Apple is screwin up BIG TIME...... I just wonder if anyone else is concerned to see how much there supposed Q/A has become non-existent??

:D:whistle:

The Apple discussions forum problems does not constitute the reason for there to be a problem with everyone or even most people's Macbook Pro. People who post their discussions there are only a select few...very, very few. Saying that the new Macbook Pro's have a lot of problems by going to the tech support area and basing judgement on that is just a joke, lol.

The Rev.2 of the Macbook Pro (Oct.06 release) also had a lot of discussions going on at the Macbook Pro forums...does this mean it has a lot of problems and that Apple is screwing up in the size range you are mentioning? No. It just means some individuals have problems with their MBP...this is perfectly normal, no computer is perfect.

For the info...look at any product under the apple discussions..it will have the same types of problem issues. You cant judge the product as a whole from this scenario, unless their is a repetitive patteren in the making (i.e like the heat issue in the first generation of the MBP). If just a few (like 1-5) people post the heat issue etc..it could be their own environmental conditions...they might be running the laptop in higher humidity+an increased temp. You gotta take in all the other factors. Now I have seen lots of posts online about overapplying thermal paste on the laptop logic boards (40 times more?)...so if thats the case, then it CAN inrease the temp of the laptop...but I think the majority of the individuals experiencing heat who say that their laptops overheat when playing games are...er...well...probably playing it under higher ambient room temps. Ive gone to the Apple store, and checked out this so called LED backlit flickering issue...and its non-existent on the MBP's there...Ive fully dimmed the backlighting...and there is no flickering whatsoever.

:thumbsup_anim:

Hey I'm just calling it like I see it my fellow poster. All in all, I still kind of find it odd that first generation issues are still plagueing these machines after several revisions. You would just kind of think that "it just works" by now....ROFLMAO

I guess I'm just a butthead because I dont buy into all the hype about mac's being any better than white box/Dell/HP/ or any other pc's. In addition, I've seen alot more problems with mac's after updates than with windows boxes, and I can claim that from experience, as I own more than 1 of both platforms.

What it really comes down to, is I just want to set the record straight for new people thinking about switching (not a switcher myself as denoted in the sig). The mac and OSX is no better than any other hardware platform (expecially now running on intel), and the os has just about as many headaches as Windows, in one way or another. No disrespect,(and I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest) and as I said and have shown and proven, I own BOTH/and work on both, so I can speak from the REAL WORLD..... :thumbsup_anim::hysterical::blink:

And just so I come across as neutral, I'm not pulling for any particular OS since I use them all for what I like/need to do in each (OSX/Windows, or Linux), I just want people to be informed, thats all......

Whether intentional or not comments like that will always start pissing contests in forums. (especially a Mac centric)

What it really comes down to, is I just want to set the record straight for new people thinking about switching

Already that comment is biased as it indicates a falsehood that you need to enlighten people about. Stating credentials like that don't really mean anything as many other users also use both and can probably say the exact opposite. More often than not the biggest problems with computers are the end users.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but posts like that are so subjective and can be argued back and forth forever and generally don't accomplish anything.

well its his opinion, if he believes that macs are faulty and do not improve then that is idea to spread and share, personally i agree with EFI and that even if 100 macbook pros have a problem then that is still so insignificant. you know there is really bad decision/production making when there is a recall.