incredibly slow mbp

7 posts in this topic

ok, my mbp has been running disgustingly slow for the last week. it freezes the whole system opening itunes. it is very slow opening all apps, quicktime movies lag, and it takes forever to wake up/ what is wrong?

You will find answer in Activity Monitor and Logs. App that take your RAM/CPU or crash cause this. I have similar problems with MozyBackup. If there is no such app than maybe this will be HDD problem

Check crash reporter in logs. They are very useful, informational. Way better than Windows Event Viewer with its 0x54668 nothing meaning type errors

EDIT: This post is for sure in some "foreign english" :P. I hope You will get the point

I thought you said 10.4.10 fixed your lag problems... :P

If checking Crash Reporter/Activity Monitor doesn't help, you might just be better off backing up, erasing your HDD and reinstalling OS X.

• 4 weeks later...

... but it still is lagging when it wakes up, when i try opening two apps within 10 seconds of eachother, and multi tasking, i'm calling apple... but it still is lagging when it wakes up, when i try opening two apps within 10 seconds of eachother, and multi tasking, i'm calling apple