How to install Leopard?

Kallis

12 posts in this topic

I just got Leopard (happy now mods?!). Now my only problem is, what is the best way to install it?

I have superdupered my Core2Duo Macbook HD and saved the image on another computer. I do not have a DL DVD-burner, but I do have an empty and erased iPod.

I know that I can put extract the DVD to my iPod and make it look like a DVD.

Do exactaly that. Restore the leopard dvd image (9a466 im guessing :) ) and boot from the ipod by holding option at boot. Be sure that if your ipod has a case, take it off and leave your ipod suspended on top of two pencils to keep it circulating air to prevent it from damaging itself (i know it sounds weird, but it kept it much cooler).

Also, while youre working with that image, can you please post your checksum, thanks.

Upgrades are, technically, unsupported in the betas. It might work, but it could cause stuff to not work right.

I think by case he meant, a thing you put your ipod in, not the housing of the ipod itself, by the way.

So I'm at home.. and I have it downloaded on my MBP at work. Is formating really the best way to install it? God I hope not.. I have to re-install windows then too.. and that is a pain in the ass.

sory for the question, i am new at all this, so if i will burn the dual layer dvd, it will work ok? or should i do something else? because i do not have externals hd's and i-pods, only the pc that is on lan. could you help me in some way? or should i expand it and remove something and write to a single layer dvd that someone told? i am very thankful for any oppinions and discusions about this, because i am using osx and my macbook for about two weeks only :censored2: