10.4.8 IntelIntegrated Graphics

cogdis

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I am trying to get my AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics to work on 10.4.8. I followed the thread details the support for the AppleIntel830.kext by changing the AppleInte915.kext contents to the 830 kext, however upon reading further and further frustration I learned that supposedly this technique only works for up to 10.4.3. I have the AppplIntelIntegratedGraphics as well as the 915 and 830 kext files. I can kextload the 830 kext, however, when I try to kextload the integrated graphics kext I get the following:

kextload -t AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

kextload: extension AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext appears to be valid

21AppleIntelFramebuffer is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOFramebuffer superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

load failed for extension AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

researching a little further I found the limitations of my method and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get IntelIntegratedGraphics support for 10.4.8. Here is my display information below:

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2562

Revision ID: 0x0001

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

any support that anyone can offer would be great! Thanks

thanks for the quick reply...

I am really just hoping to be able to set my screen resolution to a 16:10 ratio for my dell 2005FW monitor so that I can edit my photos and use iPhoto with no distortion in the image. Is that really an impossible task with 10.4.8? Does anyone know how to setup the 10.4.8 to work with IntelIntegratedGraphics ... even limited support I am not really interested in Quartz or CoreImage. In addition to trying to find support I also tried changing the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist resolution but that didn't seem to make any difference to the screen res once I was actually booted into the system.

with a proper driver, os x can set any resolution you need.. with the default vesa driver, however, you are stuck with 4:3 modes. If you can afford it, an nvidia graphics card would improve your experience immensely.

Thanks for your help. I tried out changing my bootp graphics as you indicated should be possible and I do have significantly improved resolution in 4:3 mode.

Does anyone know if there any hacks out there to change the ratio support modes of the VESA 3.0 drivers? I actually already went out and bought a video card that would work for one of my home systems the problem is that I ended up using that box as a Mythtv box. Now I am trying to use a small desktop that doesn't have any PCI slots (Evo Ultraslim). I am happy with everything about my setup with the exception of the display ratio.