asrock conroe 1333 anyone

35 posts in this topic

Hi,

just to let you known that I tried to install osx86 with a asrock conroe1333 DVI R2.0. I have tried jas 10.4.6, jas 10.4.8, and uphuck 10.4.9 but none work with the bios version 1.70. I had to flash bios with an older version (1.30) to successfully install jas 10.4.8.

Manu

hi guys, just got this board and tested with Jas 10.4.8 PPF patched DVD. so far, it's stable (experienced no lockups at the moment) compared to my foxconn board... that is using the same components (cpu/ram).

i ran it with

- e6300

- 4 x 1gb (double-sided / 8 chips x 2 side) kingston ddr2 533 value mems

- sata dvd burner (liteon)

- pata hdd (80gb wd)

what does not work out of the box (for the disc i used) are

- sound

- lan

otherwise, the system is perfectly stable... hoping it goes on this way. :unsure:

i tried booting with leopard brazilmac dvd but no go, it still stops at the apple logo (with the stop sign at the apple logo. running -v says 'waiting for root device').

• 1 month later...

I've managed to get Leopard (ToH RC2) running on this board. I had to install 10.4.10 and upgrade as I could not get Leopard to boot at all from a fresh install. After the upgrade I then had to do an F8 and boot with -legacy to get past a crashing problem. Installing the speedstep fixed the crashing problem and allowed the system to correctly identify my 2 cores. Networking worked out of the box and the builtin video works great. I have never been able to get the audio to work with the azelia extension, i don't know why, it might be due to the fact that the machine also has a creative audigy card in it.

Otherwise it works great, quite fast and stable

OMG it's 4:12AM, and im just so excited i can't get to sleep. after reading here that the updated BIOS is causing the installation to restart, i decided to downgrade to 1.4 (no go on all installers i got) and to 1.3. now it's installing... hope it boots after installation..

i have the uphack v1.4i R3 working on my cheap-ass laptop, HP 5218NR. only the USB and Broadcom wireless's not working.

I have an Nvidia 8600gt in my system and by changing the primary video setting in the bios I can use either, unfortunately for me the 8600 does not work other than in the most basic setting (see gforce8 thread). When I boot with the onboard video as primary the displays preferences pane has a button that says "Detect Displays" with leads me to believe that If I had monitors attched to both cards, I could run with dual screens, but I have not tried this.

What I would really like is to to be able to leave the 8600 as the primary adapter and somehow configure os x to ignore it an just use the onboard adapter but I don't know if this is possible

ok, i just finished installing... im so happy right now. everything's working, well except for the input sound, else works perfectly. im using PCI-Ex 7800GT btw.

i tried ToH x86 9a581 RC2 - stopped at some point.

Specs:

ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 BIOS v.1.3

Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin PC2 5300

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache

Albatron 7800GT

kalyway_Leopard_DVD_intelSSE3_9a527 - the thing with this installer is you need to extract the file using mac, using windows gives error.

Can you tell me exactly what you did to get the sound working?

audio out is working fine, no crackling sound whatsoever. keyboard volume/mute control works too. audio input on the other hand doesn't work.

i didn't really do anything special. i just installed the said installer and that's it.

after booting, deleted natit.kext and mobility.kext, well cause it says it can't use it or something so i trashed it.