Samba Printer Issues in 10.4.9

- Doogie

4 posts in this topic

OK, I have a SMB shared printer hooked up to my SuSE Linux server and everything works on that end, the printer is shared with the proper permissions and you don't even need a user account to print. When I try to print to it on my Windoze machine it prints just fine without even asking for credentials. However when I used the "advanced" setup on my mac and whether or not I enter a username and pass I get the message "NT_Status_access_denied" when trying to print. This is becoming a huge headache. The printer is a Laserjet 4 (The really old big box one) Anyone Have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Doogie

OK, I have a SMB shared printer hooked up to my SuSE Linux server and everything works on that end, the printer is shared with the proper permissions and you don't even need a user account to print. When I try to print to it on my Windoze machine it prints just fine without even asking for credentials. However when I used the "advanced" setup on my mac and whether or not I enter a username and pass I get the message "NT_Status_access_denied" when trying to print. This is becoming a huge headache. The printer is a Laserjet 4 (The really old big box one) Anyone Have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Doogie

i can't print on a shared printer either. it's on a windows box and other computers on the network work. the mac see the printer but when i try to print i get NT_Status_access_denied as well.

So I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem.. I have been working on a solution, if any one even has any suggestions post them here. In the mean time I am going to work on this some more and if I find I solution I will definitely let you know