Macbook, or Macbook Pro

36 posts in this topic

The rumours I've been hearing are, yeah, the MagSafe adapter, the SuperDrive physically destroying media, the cracks appearing on the case, the fans not coming on until the laptop reaches 95 degrees...

there are a bunch.

However.

I know a bunch of people with macbooks who have never experienced any of those problems.

I'm going to go for it.

macbooks are great - i wouldnt hesitate to recommend one. i used to have one, and only upgraded to a mbp cos i got a great deal on a refurb. i loved that little white 'book tho :thumbsup_anim:

Im getting the same as you, but Im ordering off apple.ca cause I have education discount. Plus I get a rebated nano, which is one hell of a deal.

Loving how the macbook looks cooler compared to the mbp. its so catchy!

You should check out the apple site too, you did mention that you were heading to university, maybe you can qualify to save a hundred bucks and get a free nano.

i actually looked into it last night! i'm just a little ticked at how Apple charges more for Canadian customers, even though our dollar is almost the same now.

Might go for Apple.ca..... but..... I'd really like to have a store to take it back to instead of mailing it. No apple stores in my town.

Yea theres no apples stores around where I am either. Im trusting Apple on this one and ordering off their site for the discount and the nano. Its a nice bundle. Hopefully I'll get one thats perfectly fine.

It seems like youve made up your mind! Enjoy your new macbook :hysterical: The macbook really does look better than the macbook pro. However I would have gotten a 15.4 inch pro for the better vid card, RAM and proc.

Ordered my macbook last week on saturday.... Still hasnt arrived yet, stupid Purolator tracking system just sucks. Its been stuck at "Left Toronto Sorting Center" for 2 days. Even my rebatable ipod arrived already, and it came all the way from china by fedex. Weird how apple used fedex though, I went with free shipping.