Uphuck 1.3 and Final Cut Studio 2 possible incompatibility

johnmelano

16 posts in this topic

I had Final Cut Studio 2 working perfectly on an installation from JAS 10.4.8 plus JAS 10.4.9 SS3 update. Then I bought a new hard drive so I decided to download Uphuck's 1.3 DVD and everything else seems fine, but for some reason Final Cut Pro suddenly quits after the load screen. I watched it carefully to see if maybe there was some plugin that was causing it to crash, but at the point it quits it seems to have finished loading all the plugins. Is anybody else having this problem? I'm trying to find out if this is due to some incompatibility between Uphuck's release and Final Cut Studio, or what else could the problem be.

Thanks

Hi! i'm having the same problem with uphuck v1.3. I used to have jas 10.4.8 installed and FCP runs fine except that its too slow. I think it has something to do with video drivers, i currently have a agp nvidia fx5200 128mb. I'm still searching for a solution too this problem. peace

Hi! i'm having the same problem with uphuck v1.3. I used to have jas 10.4.8 installed and FCP runs fine except that its too slow. I think it has something to do with video drivers, i currently have a agp nvidia fx5200 128mb. I'm still searching for a solution too this problem. peace

I'm using Natit dual 0.2 with a Nvidia 7950GT, both of which I was also using under JAS. However, I don't think that FCP was running slow for me at all under JAS 10.4.9.

Try this :

1/ Delete :

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

2/ Reboot and try FCP 6

or

1/ Edit :

change BSD Name of "en1" to "en0" (and other, if you've got "en2" rename it in "en1"), change IOInterfaceUnit from 1 to 0 and everything should be OK!

2/ Reboot and try FCP

Try this :

1/ Delete :

2/ Reboot and try FCP 6

Thanks a lot, that actually worked! What's the relation between that preference file and FCP? I don't understand how can that make FCP crash. And it's also weird that while my on-board ethernet was "Built IN Ethernet" under JAS, in Uphuck 1.3 it showed as "PCI Slot Ethernet" (or something similar), and as en2, but after deleting this plist file it suddenly became Built-In Ethernet and en0 again.

tried "delete" and "edit" without success: FCP worked but Network Card stopped.

I needed to run "assist me" on System Preferences, Network to rebuild a new location and now FCP & NIC work.

Now the problem is Protection Error:

"This application cannot continue because another application with an identical serial number is already running on another computer on your network."

and that's is why FCP check for a NIC at startup. I guess :/

Hi guys! This does allow me to run Final Cut however it does not allow me to use the switch trick to use my Dell 1370 wireless card with the switch trick. How can I get my wireless working again now with Final Cut?

Thanks,

iamwally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey guys i tried editing the NetworkInterfaces.plist file and deleting it and still Fcp won't work. I'm using latest uphuck, on intel d975xbx2 with 7600gs. anyone got any ideas?

I've got pretty much the same setup as you and FCS2 works fine for me after editing the NetworkInterfaces.plist in JaS setup. With Uphuck's latest installers, he has a check box available to address this issue. It works great without any need to tweak after setup.

When editing the NI.plist in terminal, make sure you delete enX references that may come before your actual en1 or en2. Change en1 or en2 to en0. Save and exit.

Go to System Preferences>Network>Show>Network Port Configurations

Uncheck everything except your Built-in Ethernet

Apply Now and reboot

After reboot, if you check your system profiler, it should now show only en0. Now you can go back to the Network Port Configurations and re-check everything you unchecked and hit Apply. Everything should work fine now. Good luck.

I got my network card running as en0 (only network interface install and listed in networkpreferences), but FCP still crashes. Where can I view a log of what is going wrong? The system log doesn't show anything.

UPDATE: Figured it out... the resolution warning in FCP appears to no longer be a soft-warning. I could have sworn in 5.X it gave the same warning, but worked anyway. My monitor is only 1280x720 (LCD HDTV), which doesn't cut it. I raised my resolution to see if that was the problem, and it loads fine now. I was planning on getting a new monitor anyway (its a joke editing video on a 1280x720 monitor), but in the mean time, does anyone know if there is a workaround?

UPDATE 2: Found a rough workaround -- raise resolution, launch fcp, lower resolution