Help! Can't Load XP anymore with dual-boot XP+OSX

5 posts in this topic

Here's the problem...

My computer at start-up loads the darwin bootloader and IMMEDIATELY loads Mac OS X

I have Acronis OS Selector installed but darwin appears to load before it.

I'm using a single hard drive with 2 partitions, one for XP and the other for Mac.

Please help!

You can add a delay to the Darwin boot loader by adding the following lines before the </dict>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

That will add 3 seconds, but you can of course change it to anything you want. You can then tell it to boot from the XP partition.

if you are referring to the configuration in com.Apple.boot.plist then you are incorrect... that controls the time that the boot command prompt remains visible before advancing under default conditions to boot OS X. if you want to use the Acronis OS selector, you may have to reload it... it was most likely overwritten during the install... then you can have it open the darwin loader when darwin is selected... PM me if i can be of further assistance!

if you are referring to the configuration in com.Apple.boot.plist then you are incorrect... that controls the time that the boot command prompt remains visible before advancing under default conditions to boot OS X. if you want to use the Acronis OS selector, you may have to reload it... it was most likely overwritten during the install... then you can have it open the darwin loader when darwin is selected... PM me if i can be of further assistance!

I didn't say it would bring up the Acronis boot selector. I said it would give a delay before automatically choosing OSX (he said it immediately chose it).