Output screen on a Dual Head GFX Card?

sandrogalli

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently got my Nvidia 6200 AGP Card working with QE/CI and Titan, running on 10.4.8, semthex beta.

It works great but because the GFX is dual head, it outputs to display to my CRT (actually my plasma screen) instead of my monitor on DVI. I can't really switch them round without buying some more expensive cables or some drastic feng-shui.

I was wondering if there was any way to specify which monitor OSX outputs to? Any pointers would also be welcome.

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently got my Nvidia 6200 AGP Card working with QE/CI and Titan, running on 10.4.8, semthex beta.

It works great but because the GFX is dual head, it outputs to display to my CRT (actually my plasma screen) instead of my monitor on DVI. I can't really switch them round without buying some more expensive cables or some drastic feng-shui.

I was wondering if there was any way to specify which monitor OSX outputs to? Any pointers would also be welcome.

Thanks.

First of all, and it's not really important either way...I'm just curious, is it a CRT or a plasma? There's no way for it to be both. To actually answer your question, just open up the System Preferences, and click on Displays, then on Arrangement. Simply drag the menu bar from one display to the other, and presto! It's now your main monitor :rolleyes:

its a plasma, connected via a crt (15pin vga?) cable. It works pretty well for watching movies, both in windows and ubuntu.

and thanks!

CRT is a type of display (cathode ray tube). VGA is VGA ;)