Apps Not Running After Safari Beta 3 Uninstall

aust68

5 posts in this topic

Ok. I need help here. A lot of help. And I need it as soon as possible.

Today, I decided to try out the beta of Safari, it installed, and it never actually ran. It just crashed before it even opened. So there was no point in keeping it, so I ran the included uninstaller and it gave me an error, saying that it did not uninstall properly. I clicked out of it, and tried to run it again. But no, Installer.app won't run. Which was odd. So I tried to open Adium, nothing. Mail, iTunes, NewsFire, Safari, Quicksilver, TextMate, nothing. Dashboard widgets won't even run. Some apps will run though, including Firefox, Camino, Final Cut Studio and Adobe apps.

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, and then some.

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/WebKit

Referenced from: /Applications/Adium.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/Sparkle

Reason: image not found

Jun 15 18:09:03 Austin crashdump[653]: Adium crashed

Jun 15 18:09:03 Austin crashdump[653]: crash report written to: /Users/austin/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Adium.crash.log

That's what it is for Adium, but essentially the same thing for every app that won't open. I was thinking it was any app that uses WebKit in some way shape or form, and that would be why Firefox and Camino open. And after seeing this I'm still thinking it, but does anyone know how to fix it?

Alright, awesome. I managed to fix it myself. I downloaded the latest version of WebKit, and showed the contents of WebKit.app, copied WebKit.framework, WebCore.framework, JavaScriptCore.framework, and JavaScriptGlue.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks/ and everything is good again. Thanks a lot for the suggestion of checking the logs or I probably wouldn't have gotten it fixed.

This can be closed now.