USB Audio Asio Drivers, i Need it!

tonnoyork

12 posts in this topic

I'm a semi-New Mac User, just now i've completed my OSX86 work on my notebook and i can use OSX :thumbsup_anim:

But i need one more thing...I need to use some VST because i play in a band..VST like Native Instruments software..

But all the instruments not work...in the settings absynth and the others VST show me 0 output latency and i can't modify the setting..I think i need USB ASIO drivers, but on the http://www.usb-audio.com/ i can download only the demo drivers..maybe one of you have the full drivers?!!

Please help me and i promise that i send to you a copy of us cd!! :thumbsup_anim:

There is no ASIO for OSX. ASIO for Macs ceased when core audio moved in. Download the core audio drivers for it and all will work fine.

What do you mean by that? I can see the ASIO driver settings in the device setup in Cubase.

osx have core audio built in system,asio is just for windows ...

R

I see. So Steinberg never bothered 'translating' their terminology throughout all their OSX versions...(?)

It's in fact incorrect to say that there is no ASIO for OSX - it just takes a little bit of reading on the Steinberg website. It may not be as fully developed as it is in Windows but it's factually wrong to say it's for Windows only.

What do you mean by that? I can see the ASIO driver settings in the device setup in Cubase.

I don't know why it says that in the device setup menu (I've never used Cubase on a Mac, only Windoze) Maybe Steinberg didn't bother to update the menus in the OSX version of Cubase. Who knows. In any case, take a look at this:

http://www.steinberg.net/987_1.html

You'll notice under the OSX hardware requirements you'll see no sign of ASIO, only Core Audio. ie THERE IS NO ASIO IN OSX. That $hit never made it past OS9 on the Mac platform. Savvy? :hysterical: