mac startup sound

KiraYamato57

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have a slight question about the mac startup sound.. I was listening to it and i was like "SO KOOL". lol.So i was wondering can i like make my bios play the sound when load it up though the internal speaker...

btw i'm running mac os x 10.4.8 on a sony vaio pcv-rx 750 with a P4 Rosewood, I think, with 648 MB of Ram. Asus p4s266-vx with sis chipsets. Nvidia mx400 128 MB graphics card. Soundblaster live sound card. and an scsi pci port..

So is it possable?

thank you in advance,

kira

Unfortunately, no. That sound is somehow tied into the Mac's EFI boot system, and can't be loaded into a BIOS.

By the way, make your sig a LOT smaller. I think it's only supposed to be like 5 lines max.

1. They should be no more than 5 lines of text using a regular font. That means that you can fit more/less into that space depending on font size. If you can't fit all of your system specs in that you'd like, why not create a small graphic to contain the information?

ok thank you to the two of you for answering my question. :( Though I have two more questions regarding the sound but this time.

Can i create an alert to play when the mac logs in?

Or even if possable, when the mac partiton is selected in my grub bootloader, be able to play a sound though the main speakers?

thank you again,

kira

PS: Can I modify my bios so that i plays the mac sound some way, hummm? Think i can?