Core 2 Duo support, for both cores... yet?

jake123

6 posts in this topic

I think it mostly depends on your motherboard. Most shouldn't have a problem with both (or 4 cores) anymore.

Wait, I have the JAS DVD from his last release... before he left.

Every person with the Core 2 Duo's that are for laptops.. like dell's don't work with it, unless you disable multi-core support in the bios or at the start.... are you saying that with his last release you didnt need to disable both cores... because I had to.

Wait, I have the JAS DVD from his last release... before he left.

Every person with the Core 2 Duo's that are for laptops.. like dell's don't work with it, unless you disable multi-core support in the bios or at the start.... are you saying that with his last release you didnt need to disable both cores... because I had to.

Oops. I missed the part where you said "mobile" Core 2 Duo. I've only installed it on Desktops. Sorry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a toshiba satilite with a core 2 duo T7200 and i have tried every single release of jas and uphuck. i recently installed Uphuck 1.3 which is the latest release (ran setup with 1 core disabled in bios) and after i completed setup i deleted the AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext, and after this I have bee able to enable the second core and run 10.4.9. i do however have to enter the bios and change 2 settings: dynamic frequency switching switching I have to set it to always low and and and where it says configure device i have to set it to All Device. If i don't change this i will always get kernel panic no matter what boot switches i use.

i have been able to work for periods of 2 or 3 days with my laptop but i have occassionally had a kernel panic booting up and have had a couple of kernel panics while using different applications at random times. It does run extremely fast though when it is working. I installed the INtel sse3 kernel but plan on trying some of the universal kernels to see if i can eliminate the occasional kernel panics...