MBP 1.1 CoreDuo 2.0/2gig Ram/100g HD/

OSXtasy

8 posts in this topic

Refurb MacBook Pro, CoreDuo 2ghz (verison 1.1) Glossy 15 inch / 2gig ram / 100gig HD / ATI X1600 128meg

Immaculate condition, never had any issues. All serious inquiries welcome, but will not consider anything under $1,400 us.

Thanks for dropping by..... ;)

Thats the idea, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that most of us are gonna get what we want for them. I just thought I'd go ahead and post mine up here and see what happens. After all, it still run like a new machine.

My problem is that like all power users, we tend to just keep upgrading over and over when we really don't need or even notice the new features of the upgraded models (for instance I have yet to even get my MacPro 2.66 break a sweat, as this MBP has been doing all I need to accomplish), yet I still *WANT* the newer model....LOL . I've got the cash to buy the new one outright, but I've already spent over $4,500 this year alone on Macs, so I'd *LIKE* to sell this one first is possible. Otherwise I guess I can just give it to the wifey, and go ahead and buy a new one full price.... :( :mellow:

Modz, please feel free to delete this whole thread, as it's pretty obvious that I'm just wasting space, when there are other users starting bids at $600 to $700 for machines of the same calibre. Looks like I'll be keeping mine, since it really would be stupid to buy a new one (for me anyway) when mine is still less than a year old. :o

Darn, I gotta stop reading news about new versions, as its KILLING my wallet.....LOL

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!! I don't feel so bad not being able to sell my CoreDuo(for the price I wanted anyway) and get the new Santa Rosa now. Has anyone been to the Apple discussions and seen how many people are having problems with these new santa rosa C2D MBP's?? My god, it seems apple still has'nt learned anything from:

1: the overapplication of thermal paste

2: the new screens SUCK for color consistancy and FLICKER

3: many are having heat related issues/kernal panics

I'm really starting to think that Apple needs to stop bullsh1ting about their quality control. It is basically NON-EXISTENT so it would seem. I mean dang, are they even Q/A'ing anything that is being assembled overseas BEFORE they sale and ship it from Cupertino??? How long will the Apple customers stand for this??? If I had HALF of the problems some of the people had on those forums, I'd never buy again from Apple. :D

Hmm... I'm thinking about it, but it'll be a while before I can spare the money. Do you know how much it would cost for shipping? I live near Fort Myers, Florida, USA

Also, it's a MacBook Pro? I didn't know those came in glossy... Since you (apparently) have more than Mac, if you have a Matte Pro, I think I'd be more intersted in that. Anyway, like I said, it'll be a while before I have even that much to spare (starving college kid, you see) so if you don't, or you sell before, whatever, however it goes. Are you willing to go through eBay and PayPal?