Only 1 Core working :( Help!

9 posts in this topic

Been rocking the osx for 2 days now and im loving it but, I started to wonder why it was running so slugish and Bam! looked that the "about this mac" and it says

Processor Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB

The part that is evil is the TOTAL NUMBER OF CORES: 1

AHHHHH!!!! how would one go about fixing this? i heard about changing a boot flag or something but i have no idea what im doing. any help would be awsome.

Thanks. Mike.

Open Activity Monitor in Applications/Utilities. Check on the CPU tab if it shows 2 cpus (2 graphs). If so, you just have a reporting problem and both cores are actually being used.

Damn your right i have 2 graphs. Humm it is running so slow i was hoping it was broken lol. It just took an hour to extract a 2 gig file :(

your harddrives are prob running with the genericATA apple driver. What motherboard do you have?

I had the the same issues before I found the fix for my mobo (look in signature for link)

your harddrives are prob running with the genericATA apple driver. What motherboard do you have?

I had the the same issues before I found the fix for my mobo (look in signature for link)

DFI CFX 3200

South bridge: ULI M1575

Im using just normal ata133 drives.

I pluged in a external 250 gig USB drive and got like 13x better transfer.... at that point i started crying.