8xxx series nVidia support.

SteveNZ

5 posts in this topic

Seeing as how the new MBPs all come with nVidia 8600 mobility chipsets, this suggests there is some native 8600 chipset support in OSX. I'm putting together a machine tomorrow (or on the weekend if the bits don't all arrive) with the express purpose of running OSx86 as best as possible and the flatmate has a "spare" 8600GTS card (he stuffed up and ordered nVidia SLI cards and then realised his mobo only supported ATi Xfire). Has anyone else had any success whatsoever with an 8xxx series nVidia board under OSx86?

Regardless of pointlessness, I'll be giving it a go anyway. My hacking ability is middling at best so inserting device IDs into kexts is about my limit.

I'm surprised that searching hasn't turned up anything on the subject, but maybe my search-fu is too weak...

*Edit - Just noticed Knuckles' thread in the (more appropriate) hardware forum regarding this same topic - looks like support might not be far off thanks to the MBPs and their "special" build of 10.4.9 and general support from 10.4.10. I may just have to hold out for a wee bit.

i ve updated to version 10.4.8 but problem with built in ethernet remains :D no one able to help a bit yet ? :S

Depends what ethernet you have. You may as well update to 10.4.9 anyway.