usb keybaord + mouse not recongized after mac loads

appleconfuse

7 posts in this topic

MB - asus P5B

CPU - intel core2duo 6600 2.4 ghz

2 gig PNY ram

lite on dvd +- DL burner

installed using Jas 10.4.8 intel SSE3 only ISO

I finished the install and everything is up but after mac loads I loose mouse and keyboard response. i keep getting stuck on the following prompt

"Before you begin, there is no keyboard connected to your computer. Please connect your keyboard. "

My keyboard is a USB macally keyboard and it's connected. I tried swapping the keyboard to different usb ports but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

I have no messages for my mouse yet but I'm sure once i get past the keyboard issue I;ll get the same message for the mouse as well.

I also tried using a apple usb keyboard but that isn't being recongized either.

I also encounter this kind of problem in some case.

My solutuion is :

1 do not use dvi , especially dvi to hdmi. it is strange but it really cause problem in some case.

2 remove additional device, sound card earth net adapter etc.

3 do not install with usb dvd but connect the dvd to pc directly. (ide)

"do not install with usb dvd but connect the dvd to pc directly. (ide)"

that didn't work for me, i couldn't the internal dvd/CD drive to run properly. The usb DVD drive worked

"remove additional device, sound card earth net adapter etc."

No sound card in the system except the intergrated sound I can try disabling that and the network adapter.

"Enably Legacy USB"

I've enabled legacy USB and i set it to full-speed. But both the USB keyboard and mouse won't work at all. I'll try a ps2/mouse and keyboard tonight.

What's very strange is that my usb keyboard + mouse worked perfectly when I was doing the install. I had no problems at all. And even when it finished installing my keybaord and mouse was working. It was only after a system restart that my mouse and KB no longer got recongized by OSX when it loaded

I had the exact same problem recently when re-installing JaS 10.4.8 on my machine. It took me ages to remember what I did before to get around but the fix was to NOT install the USB Fix on the DVD. Keyboard and Mouse worked perfectly after that.

Yes you have to re-install the OS. Not that big of deal as it pretty quick to get through. As far as the USB 2.0, dont know. All my USB devices work without issue so never bothered looking into it.