/?.apple.boot.plist is not found

kazzi

7 posts in this topic

I have

Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3

DVD, the iso was burned with no error.

When I insert it into my DVD-RW, it won't boot and show the above flashing message. When I use VMWare on the same computer, the DVD worked and installed fine.

My spec:

- Compaq V3000z laptop

- AMD Turion64 x2 TL-52 with IA SSE2, IA SSE3, PAE supported

- Mat{censored}a UJ-850S DVD-RAM

- 160GB SATA Hitachi HDD

- nForce 430 chipset mainboard

Can some guru give me a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

what exactly happens? does it not boot from your DVD?

try manually selecting that DVD drive to boot to from the boot menu or the bios... if you have any more problems (aka: this doesn't work), PM me and i'll see waht i can do?

PS: i'll try to dig up an MD5 checksum, and, if i can't, i'll make 1 for u!

these are the checksums that i found... i'm at work right now so i can't clear them... i'll message when i get home and let you know if they're right...

Patched iso's MD5= a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c

Patched iso's SHA1= e5217b9e447624d607fce46375366ffa0bcea36

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the confusing words.

It booted, and then when I chose to install, it immediately show the message /?apple.blahblah is not found. The message flashed for less than a second. With the same DVD I managed to boot and install fine on my PC (but it didn't work too with a gray screen after installed, but that's another story)

I guess I have to use an external DVD drive for this case.

Try reformatting and using the Master Boot Record partitioning scheme. It sounds like you're on another one. Check with Disk Utility on the CD, to make sure it isn't GUID or Apple Partition Map.

I was just talking to someone about that ISO package.

• 1 month later...