Restart Message

Accolyte

9 posts in this topic

Installed on IDE 60 Gb. (17 Gb partition /multiple OS's)

File: "Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3]"

--After 10.4.8 installed, reboot was necesary.

1st.- After Mac white screen, a black screen appeared. Solved by switching monitor to another DVI port.

2nd.- A restart message appears, it keeps appearing and I can't start MacOS.

Sys. specs:

Main.: MSI P4N Diamond (Intel) w/ Sound Blaster Live! HD 24 bits 7.1

Proc.: Intel Pentium IV 3.2 Ghz. HT

RAM: 1 Gb.

Video: BFG nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra OC (512 Mb / PCI-E)

HDD: 60Gb IDE (multiple partitions / OS's), 6Gb IDE, 160 Gb SATA (Disconnected).

---------------------------------

Anyone knows how to make it work with the specs. above?

Any other version that may work?

Drivers?

Thanks in advance :)

Did you install the special packages for your system? You have to do a "custom install" when installing, and select the packages for your processor.

Well the iso that i used was Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso + JaS.10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3.zip and that doesnt have a custom install thingy but i did check to install the amd stuff and the ati cards stuff that applied to my machine. I dont really know what the problem is. I installed it on an external hard drive but i dont think that has anything to do with it, lol.

I also have this same problem.

I did not have any issues during installation, i get the process ok. But after the first reboot (where there was a countdown), i would end up with an apple logo, then the notice that i need to restart my machine.

Can someone help please?

I'm using a Dell 2400

Thanks!

I found on Uphuck 1.3 dvd this was due to my P4 processor not supporting the power management. There is a patch (at least on uphucks dvd) that will remove this kext and let you boot as normal. AppleProcessorPowerManagement I think it is called.

• 2 weeks later...

We all seem to have something in common. The "please restart your button by holding the power switch for several seconds or hit the restart button." After reading several threads, it seems that it has something to do with the partition being active or not, or so I think. I have heard some talk about fdisk and using hirens boot cd to set active partitions for booting. But I am not too sure about the details, if anyone knows of a "guide" for using Hiren's Boot CD, that would be great.