My thread of doom

m6747

18 posts in this topic

I have done alot of reading... but I am not doing very well on installing Osx86.

i was able to get one version mounted in vmware and run it through xp (I hate vista) but I can't figure out how to install it.

My most recent try was with MacOSX_10.4.6_GoatsecxDVD and when I tried to boot from it after partitioning my drive it showed a grey apple.

I have 2 versions of vmware downloaded- tiger-x86 (also called Mac OS X x86 VMWare Image) and (osx.rar also called VMware OS X 10.4.7)

Thanks for the help in advance

--M

Guest Ramm

Download the newest 10.4.8 version for SSE2 and SSE3, and burn it to a DVD and just boot from that. Those other two images you mentioned are EXTREMELY obsolete (deadmoo era).

Guest Ramm

No, bootcamp is only for real Macs. It is useless for X86. You can use the chain0 method, but a bootloader like Acronis works best.

acronis OS selector?? here is the compatability-

* DOS

* Windows 3.1 + DOS

* Windows 98

* Windows ME

* Windows NT 3.1

* Windows NT 3.5

* Windows NT 3.51

* Windows NT 4.0

* Windows 2000

* Windows XP

* Windows Vista

* Linux (any distribution)

* FreeBSD

* Solaris

* SCO UNIX

* UNIXWARE

* OS/2

* BeOS

* QNX

* B-TRON

* Special support for unknown systems

Am I blind?? sorry to be such a pain

Guest Ramm

Well, considering OS X86 isn't a "real" OS, it wouldn't be on there. Trust me, I use it, it works. You just have to specify "Other" when setting it up.

acronis OS selector?? here is the compatability-

Am I blind?? sorry to be such a pain

Acronis still detects the partition and can properly boot it without any hitches. It just means it doesn't recognise the OS installed. :)

- Sb.

By the way...wtf is your avatar?

It's an angry Ramm. ;)

k thanks guys... @sabr i do that to my members all the time where i admin so you just made my day doing that ;)

Doing what? Saying exactly what the person above just said? :)

- Sb.

EDIT: How is the jas one??

Definitely the best.

Look for: Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso, the latest.

I would not recommend the JAS version for AMD PCs. If you have an AMD use tubgirl instead.

hecker

I would not recommend the JAS version for AMD PCs. If you have an AMD use tubgirl instead.

I have never had an AMD PC. Especially the last two have been built with maximum OS X compatibility in mind, thus both with Intel motherboards and CPUs.