10.4.9 on AMD

10 posts in this topic

Yes it possible. Search for AMD update on green demon or somewere else. Update with your torrent most likely for Intel.

Use guide by Netkas for update.

Great, I had forgotten to search in tpb.

Now, I'm downloading Myzar's update. Do I still need to follow the guide or is the kernel included in the update? I used JaS dvd to install, but nVidia drivers never worked for me (GeForce 6600), so I installed Natit 1.0. Will those drivers work?

Yes, you need follow the guide. I've used koolkal latest osx86 hackintosh universal kernel 1049.

With Myzar's update you've got Titan drivers. Duno about 6600, i've got Go 7600 and it pretty good works with both, Titan or Natit drivers.

i updated my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 using the latest eGWan 10.4.9 amd update..

wich include new kernel and everything..

the good thing is,you just need to run the .pkg..

with no error at all!

bad thing is it's only available on my country temporarily..

he haven't publish it yet to public AFAIK..

So you have to follow the netkas instructions to install the myzar release... I have but I cant seem to overwrite the old extension files over the new I keep getting errors, can I do it outside of the terminal, I try dragging and dropping but it asks to authenticate and then never asks for my password.

Also do you just use the koolkal installer or do you need to extract the kernal from the installer?

Alright I got it, I followed the instructions but ditched the steps about the kernel since the myzar already installs a modified one. Everything seems to be working out of the box now, including wireless which is usually a couple steps.