OSX86 on Lenovo Thinkpad Z61t

Jaco

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I got a new laptop for work and it's a Lenovo Thinkpad X61t and I hate windows I did not had a choice in the laptop. Would like to install osx86 on this laptop and since I had fairly good success on a Dell Laptop.

The specs for this laptop are:

* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5500 (1.83GHz, 2MB L2, 667MHz FSB)

* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 DVI pass through (1440x900)

* 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory

* Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless

I assume I am going to have some problems with the 3945ABG Wireless - think it was the same card in the Dell that I had to replace with a DELL wireless 1390 (Will this card work in a Thinkpad?) I assume Graphics should be fine with GMA950

What about the following:

1) Does both cores work?

2) Ethernet?

3) Sleep?

4) Sound?

Thanks

I can bet you both cores will work, considering all the Mac laptops are now core2duos.

Sound depends highly on the mobo and what sound system is on it. If the mobo has GMA950 I would think it would also have compatible sound. Even then though, there are plenty of workarounds and patches to get sound working fine for the sigmatel stuff.

See above in that the graphics is on the mobo, so I can imagine it working, but you cannot be to sure.

I have no idea for sleep. Again I would think that’s a mobo issue. In retrospect, it would have been best to give us the mobo info.

What you might do is just try partitioning off just 2 GB of the drive and do a very very light install (no printer or language or x-code like stuff) and see how things work. If it doesn’t work perfect then just experiment with it to see if you can really get it working.

I haven't been around lately so some of my info might be off, but I bet someone will correct me.

Also, did you look in the wiki and the hcl's to see if your comp was listed, or at least if the components were listed?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...