Problems After UPhuck Install

edstace

4 posts in this topic

I originally posted this in the uphuck install thread, but thought this is probably more fitting place to ask for post install advice:

I mostly succeeded in installing uphuck 10.4.9 on my eMachines W3506. Specs are: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 352

(3.20GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache) Cedar Mill. Graphics card: Visiontek Xtasy Radeon 1300 PCIE.

Major problem: No USB support. I have to disable USB entirely through BIOS to install and use OSX86. I tried only disabled legacy and only disabling 2.0, neither worked.

Annoying problem: Graphics card stuck at 1024 x 768 resolution. Recognized as 256 MB when it should be 512 MB. Artifacts after mouse click.

Can live with problem: Ethernet not recognized. Should be recognized from what I have read. It's a Realtek RTL8101L (onboard)(I mistakingly listed it originally as RTL8139.

I was able to get OSX to see my NetGear WPN311 as an Airport using this helpful advice..

Got the onboard Realtek sound working by installing the Avalia driver.

Got my PS/2 keyboard to function by using this advice.

I am using the Universal 2 kernel with the remove cpupowermanagement kext selected.

If anyone can help me out with the USB problem, the graphics card problem, and/or the ethernet problem that will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I am having a similar problem with my ATI 1600 AGP. there is also no QE or CI enabled. I have tried the Natit Uni installer, as well as an older ATI R1X00 installer. both of those leave me hanging on loading Mac OS. I think it most likely has something to do with the 8.9.1 kernel because even if I do a manual updated to 10.4.9 or one of the Jas 10.4.9 SSE3 only updates I get similar results.

Success! I was able to get the VisionTek ATI Radeon x1300 card recognized with full resolution, QE, and CI support by installing Diabolik's Natitx1300's installer. The only problem is I have to use the analog port, the DVI port does not work. No artifacts or any other problems whatsoever!

I still have the huge USB problem and ethernet not recognized. I ordered a PCI USB/Firewire combo card from NewEgg today...hopefully that might resolve the USB problem.

Please add wish list for upgrading DVD image from 1.2 to 1.3.

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&no=649

Success! I was able to get the VisionTek ATI Radeon x1300 card recognized with full resolution, QE, and CI support by installing Diabolik's Natitx1300's installer. The only problem is I have to use the analog port, the DVI port does not work. No artifacts or any other problems whatsoever!

I still have the huge USB problem and ethernet not recognized. I ordered a PCI USB/Firewire combo card from NewEgg today...hopefully that might resolve the USB problem.