Apple Update

ps_hansen

8 posts in this topic

Finally I got my OSX86 10.4.8 (JaS) to work, and of course I wanted to update to 10.4.9 - and so I did via Apples official updater. But when I restart, the computer crashes after loading Darwin... I have read something about updating a kernel or something!? Has it anything to do with that?

you pretty much answered your own question.

Reinstall and if you want to update you should go Jas 10.4.9

Personally I would just stay with 10.4.8 until you are used to the mac....there isn't much difference other than some security updates for items that have never been exploited.

Oh yeah turn off automatic updates it will prevent this from happening again. Only update when you want to update and don't update the OS.

Finally I got my OSX86 10.4.8 (JaS) to work, and of course I wanted to update to 10.4.9 - and so I did via Apples official updater. But when I restart, the computer crashes after loading Darwin... I have read something about updating a kernel or something!? Has it anything to do with that?

If you want to update to 10.4.9 you can follow the following http://netkas.freeflux.net/blog/archive/20...date-guide.html.

It worked for me. I used the universal kernel.

Ciao