Hangs at installation

ps_hansen

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm new at this forum and new at all this OSX86 thing... I've searched around the forum for my problem but none of the answers given to my problem seems to work...

I've decided that I want a clean OSX installation on my PC - meaning that I don't want XP anymore. So I put the JaS 10.4.8 DVD to my dvd drive and the installation runs smoothly. I delete my HD in disk utility and so on, it's active and all that. I choose to install SSE3 patch, because my computer's got that (I also tried not installing it, which isn't working either). But when the installation ends and the computer is going to restart, it freezes. I left it for 2 days (I wasn't at home) and when I got home - still the same screen...

I tried to power off my computer, taking the DVD out of the drive (also tried leaving it) and it freezes at that DOS screen telling me which harddrive I got etc. When leaving the DVD in the drive, it just restarts the installation, so I have to start all over...

So I've reached the point where I'm getting tired of installing OSX whithout getting to use it! So I was kind of hoping that some of you would help me...

Okay, now I tried with only SSE2, and it works, but I just can't understand it, cause I got SSE3...

Not all pc's repost they have SSE3 to OSX86.

My 661FX mb w/ Celron D does not report it has sse3 but it does.

On all installs I had to use sse2 but i did get the sse3 kernel to run after install I replaced kernel with the jan sse3 kernel.

How can I find out which ones I need? I already formatted my computer, so I ain't got XP no more

BTW... I tried to restart when running OSX - and now it doesn't load! Neither does it load when the dvd is in the drive - it only loads the installation again!