Increase Video Resolution

netchainer

16 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

i apologize, i am a rookie :thumbsup_anim:

maybe it is a simple question, i have spent hours reading topics in this forum but i have no result

i have a ati mobility readeon x1300 and i cas set to my monitor only resulution 1024x768

i have tried to intall NatitX1300.r1v1.Installer, result was blank screen after reboot and i had to reinstall the system (btw how can in shell delete a wrong driver?)

i have also tried to intall http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/driv...yutilities.html, but nothing changed

Anyone can help me?

Ciao

Roberto

Don't know about the specific of your gfx drivers installation but to get a shell console (to delete kext) dot this:

1. Hit F8 to get the Darwin Boot menu

2. boot with "-s"

3. fsck -fy

4. mount -uw /

5. cd to /System/Library/Extensions and delete unwanted kext (rm -Rf)

6. remove Extensions caches

i am using no gfx driver (i have installed macosx removing all driver cards in custom installation). I would like to set at least a 1280x800 (i have 16/9 display)

Nenadra, thanks a lot for the tip

ciao

Roberto

i am using no gfx driver (i have installed macosx removing all driver cards in custom installation). I would like to set at least a 1280x800 (i have 16/9 display)

Nenadra, thanks a lot for the tip

ciao

Roberto

I have a widescreen monitor too running my Nvidia 8800GTS without any drivers. I'd love to see a solution for this too :)

I found this Resolution switching on OSx86

Has anyone tried it?

Hello Superhero360

yes, i have already tried (if you mean f8, "Graphic Mode=1280x800x32"). nothing happen, boot as always in 1024x768

Ciao and thanks :D

Roberto

Oh ok thank you for trying. I hope somebody has another thing we can try out. It sucks to have everything

forced to 16:9 on our widescreens :)

Guest Ramm
Hello Superhero360

yes, i have already tried (if you mean f8, "Graphic Mode=1280x800x32"). nothing happen, boot as always in 1024x768

Ciao and thanks :)

Roberto

That's the wrong syntax. It is exactly as follows:

"Graphics Mode"="1280x800"

If you have VESA3.0, then you can add the @75 for the hertz afterwords (eg. "Graphics Mode"="1280x800@75").

Thanks for the correction Ramm.

I have tried also with this syntax "Graphics Mode"="1200x800@75" but nothing happen, start always in 1024x768.

i have installed also Katana2c but is the same. i saw exist Katana3 but i was not able to find the installer.

Thanks to all

Ciao

Roberto

im made the same mistake with the blue screen thing, and im trying to remove the kext without reinstalling the os, in darwin i press f8 and -s and i have the screen up where i can type in stuff, but can someone please be specific with what i need to type in exactly, i use the natit installer for x1x00 cards (beta)

try this:

copy the com.apple.boot.plist file (/library/preferences/systemconfiguration) to your desktop. Open it with textedit and add:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@85</string>

so it would look something like

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@85</string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

save it and dragg it to the systemconfiguration folder again (replace the original).....

blackchungo

Thank you for your trick. One problem though. My screen still looks squeezed. I set the resolution to 1680x1050@60 and the Monitor says that it would get that resolution but its still out of proportions.

Any idea?

EDIT: I am connected using DVI, it stays with 1024 though the monitor thinks it would be 1680.

My card is seen as Vesa 3 with 14MB :wallbash:

PS: 1280x800 is messed up too, squashed and slows down the system