battery update

6 posts in this topic

i downloaded that battery update released a while back, and it caused my system problems. i caled apple and they said that they would send a new battery. they sent me a macbook battery for my mbp, i sent it back, and now i have waited for nearly two weeks for my new battery. i lost my service number, and i am afraid i will be charged for this batter i don't have. what can i do now?

I don't understand,didn't you say that they sent you a battery? Because when my ibook battery had problems i remember getting a replacement in something like 5 days.... Anyways like Colonel says the best thing to do is always to visit an apple center that also gives technical assistance, although some are criminals, a friend of mine when he bought a new iMac and had it reformated in the store, this genius took his old ibook g4 ( powerpc ) and to preserve his old data copied the entire hard drive, including all the binaries and libraries, to his new iMac ( intel ). He called me and his computer was seriously f*****. Some apple centers manage to screw up even on the most simple tasks so it's always best to visit a trusty apple center :pirate2:

I had a few problems with my battery ( random shutdowns, low capacity, ect. ) that now I do not appear to have.

Apple sent me sent me a new one no trouble or questions asked in 4 days.

Now I have 2 Perfect batteries. I have not even used the new one yet, I`ll save it for a special occasion.