jar file problem

manan

7 posts in this topic

well my net dialer is a jar file it was working fine for so long but all of sudden it has just stopped opening ... when i double cllcik it activity monitor has a new entry but it goes within a split of a second and nothing happens :?

I suspect your java runtime environment is misconfigured.

Try opening a terminal window and type:

java -version

You should get a line of text with your current Java Environment version. If you get an error then you can easily fix the problem by re-installing java.

hecker

java version "1.5.0_07"

Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)

Java HotSpot Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode)

this is what i get after updating my java environment but the file still refuses to open?

Open the jar file in a terminal window and tell me which error message you get.

Use this command (replace path_to_file and filename with your file's path and name):

java -jar /path_to_file/filename.jar

hecker

EDIT: Did you try running the app with admin rights? If not, try changing your user privileges to admin and see if it works.

2007-05-26 19:09:40.224 java[963] SetAlphaValue >> load failled for identifier: (null) >> numberOfItems: 9

.... i got this and surprisingly it gave me this msg and the dialer opened but then i quit it and double clciked on the desktop it didnt ? it seems ttht its got something do with the setalphavalue thing that i installed i thought tht might have been causing the problem but i found no wayof un-installing the app ... help please