Nvidia 7600GS Problem!

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Can anyone help? I have a Saphire 7600GS PCIe graphics card.

When a monitor is connected to the analogue output everything works fine.

When the monitor is connected to the DVI output 6 out of 10 times the monitor goes to sleep after the apple screen. The other 4 times it works fine.

I have tried TITAN and NATIT. NATIT seems to cause the system to crash, whereas with TITAN it still seems to be running in the background and can be shut down with CTRL-COMMAND-OPTION-F12.

Running Jas 10.4.8 with semthex kernel 8.8.1. Bad Axe 2 mobo with Intel core 2 duo.

I would just use the analogue out, but it produces a softer display than the DVI.

Thanks in advance

Hi

When the monitor is connected to the DVI output 6 out of 10 times the monitor goes to sleep after the apple screen. The other 4 times it works fine.

I have tried TITAN and NATIT. NATIT seems to cause the system to crash, whereas with TITAN it still seems to be running in the background and can be shut down with CTRL-COMMAND-OPTION-F12.

Running Jas 10.4.8 with semthex kernel 8.8.1. Bad Axe 2 mobo with Intel core 2 duo.

I would just use the analogue out, but it produces a softer display than the DVI.

Thanks in advance

Same problem here, I've Asus EN7600GS PCI-E, but I used Natit v0.02 and it cured my comp from falling out to the blue screen. But still have problem with not initializing display on startup when plugged into DVI.

I've read all I could find here and in our forums - nothing. I edited kexts by adding there my devID - nothing. 4-6 reboots to get it going... Looks like local "gurus" are too guru-ish at least to hint how to fix it. :-))))

Mine working perfectly here. Using Jas 10.4.7 updated to 10.4.8. I have tried natit and titan and natit dual-screen, all have worked. (must say, only tested d-sub so far, not dvi)

I'll give a try to D-SUB. May be that will be ok for me. :-)

Happens on my 6600GT with Dual DVI. I just use the other output. Have you guys tried NVidiaEFI. Natit 0.02 Dual works great too.

I havenot, coz I dont really care that much. Neither do I need Dual Screens. Give it a go, and post in the Natit Sub-Forum. Not Hardware.

• 1 year later...
Hi

Thanks in advance

I had same problem with blue screen with only cursor working. 6 out 0f 10 times everything would work, but at the end it did not work at all, only blue screen with cursor.

My problem got solved after I have erased all the cache.

~/Library/Caches (your local Library directory)

/Library/Caches

/System/Library/Caches

/System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

After erasing these my system boot well every time. no more blue or even black screens.

This is on 10.4.10 with asus nvidia 7600gt