AMD Help

OG_LOC_08

20 posts in this topic

Hi what up I am using an AMD 4200+ 2.20Gz @3.00Gz and I would like to install OS X on my pc. I was not able to install OS X on my pc using every distro I could find. I had 10.4.4 - 10.4.9 and it will not work. They are all Jas and I was able to do it once on an AMD 3500+ 2.20Gz @2.53Gz just could not install anything the installer would freeze every time I would try to install something :D . Can someone help me?

Here is the specs of my pc

AMD 4200+ 2.20Gz @3.00Gz :(

Hdd 6 4 SATAT 2 IDE

PSU 630

Ram 2042

DVD 1 DVD-R DL and 1 DVD-R

Syth Ninja cooling

know the installation will go okay. After installation on my old computer it would boot up fine but I would not be able to install any programs. Among the computer it runs through the entire installation but it will not boot up into Mac OS X. basically number 14

tried both there was no difference OS X still does not boot. The closest I get to OS X is a black screen. Every time I boot up all ID is a black screen nothing else last time on my 3800 system actually got it to work but was unable to install any programs due to the fact that they would freeze the installer.

you have a nforce4 based motherboard, and osx has problems if you install on sata drives in this case. that's probably the problem in your case.

try to install on one of your ide (pata) drives if you use a jas dvd (unless someone made a ppf patch for a jas dvd to include medrive's sata solution for nforce4/sata problem...)

in any case, i suggest installation on a primary partition, before any extended partition (if any). etc... see guides.

Hi! I'm new here on the forum.

I'm going to install the 10.4.9 on my pc, a sempron 64bit (SSE3) with Asus K8V-VM with VIA integrated VGA card. Do you think I will have any problems with drivers?

Do you advise different version?

Look for Asus K8V-VM on this osx86 wiki page.

Thank you, but there is not my motherboard: i have an Asus K8V-VM with K8M890 northbridge and VT8237A southbridge. These chipset are not reported on wiki.

I have only to try and I inform you if it runs :lol: or not :thumbsup_anim:

I have a A8N32-SLI Deluxe and it says it works fine so dose any one know what might be going wrong.

i have the same motherboard but i use tubgirl's release 1048_AMD_FINAL. It includes drivers for VIA_sata which will not work with our mb, so to get around it, install it to an IDE drive, get medievil's sata driver, then clone your ide drive over to the sata drive.

I have dl'ed the jas osX install 3 times two times i burnt it onto disc and tryed to install and after not wanting to waste another disc i used vmware to install. the two times from disc it got almost all the way through the install and gave an error without number only saying install had failed and to restart. Using vmware i got it to install however it would not boot. It sat waiting for root or boot or something like that to respond (i can only guess it was waiting for the HDD) I made sure that both my DVD drive and HDD were on the same IDE cable. but as far as instal from DVD thats the only thing i really could find that applied to me for reasons install would fail.

PC Specs:AMD Sempron 2500+

256 DDR400 ram

Western Digital 40 GIG HDD (IDE)

Lite-on-it DVD-RW

Nvidia GeForce 6100 128Ram

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF MoBo

NForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controler

Thank you, but there is not my motherboard: i have an Asus K8V-VM with K8M890 northbridge and VT8237A southbridge. These chipset are not reported on wiki.

I have only to try and I inform you if it runs :D or not :whistle:

With my attempts on 2 different MOBO's using those bridges I found I could install most any DVD AFTER I reflashed my Bios with the latest version. If you have problems, I would make that my next step.