iMac 20inch problem...please help

5 posts in this topic

right so i got my new imac yesterday and it shut down fine, yet i get up and use it today, go to shut it down and it just goes blue screen then refreshes the finder and background - as though it's just starting up...

so i downloaded a widget which claimed to shut your mac down just to see if that would work.....shockingly it did, so what could be the problem please? i've tried repairing the permissions and really dont want to format it this early on really

Dan

Have you installed any updates recently? If so, maybe one of them foobarred it. I'd suggest a reinstall. You just got it yesterday, so it's probably just as well to reinstall the OS and have it fresh and clean.

'how far can you get into the startup?'

no see it starts shutting down so it closes all the open programs and then goes to blue screen and then shows the background again and the finder and loads all the startup menubar items etc

its just really strange and i dont get why its doing it, i would wipe it but i spent a day setting it up nicely and theres so much stuff on there backing it up is a pain, hence i'd like to get it sorted for this really

the weirdest thing is that the widget that says it will shut down the computer, can do it :/