Media center app that supports subtitles?

helios

7 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I'm looking for a way to replace my htpc that runs on windows with os x86 but I have failed to find a media center application that supports subtitles. Haven't tried frontrow or backrow, are they compatible? I mainly use the HTPC to view xvid contents or browse pictures.

ehh... well yea but i'm controlling my HTPC with a remote and i want a nice app like frontrow, media central and the like... but with subtitle support. I'm currently using MediaPortal and it's working nicely for me but i really want all my computers to run OS X so...

As far as I know, VLC is it. Luckily, it is AppleScriptable, so it would be possible to make a GUI front-end that opens files in VLC that can be controlled by a remote. I did something like this a few years ago for DVDs, but for Apple's DVD player (they're all VIDEO_TS folders).

I fixed it myself :P It was as simple as installing Perian 1.0 beta 4 and voila! Quicktime has subtitle support!!! so now Mediacentral and any other gui meda app has subtitle support automaticly. Now i just need a cheap compatible graphics card or a swap to a 945G motherboard and i can get rid of windows on the last computer.