OSX + Ubuntu Dual

guice

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody done an OSX, primary, Ubuntu dual boot? I've attempted to, but ran into an Ubuntu snafu where GRUB gave a fatal error.

When attempting to reboot, there was no option to switch to Ubuntu.

Any way to add Ubuntu to the list of BootX options on the initial 10 second delay screen?

Before I bought my new HD, I had Windows and Ubuntu already installed before I added OS X. I did run into a problem at first since I had resized the Windows partition to make room, which messed up Grub. I honestly don't remember what I did, but I was able to fix the Grub installation and made it so I could choose between Windows, OS X, and Ubuntu in Grub. So basically I'm saying that you can probably fix yours...I just don't know how. lol Sorry

Has anybody done an OSX, primary, Ubuntu dual boot? I've attempted to, but ran into an Ubuntu snafu where GRUB gave a fatal error.

When attempting to reboot, there was no option to switch to Ubuntu.

Any way to add Ubuntu to the list of BootX options on the initial 10 second delay screen?

I added Ubuntu 7.04 to my OSX box about a week or so ago. One 300gb sata disk, 200gb OSX partition, 100gb ext3, both primary. Ubuntu installed grub, I added OSX partition to it and now both OSs boot fine. NB: this is a hackintosh based on Intel D975XBX2 board.

I managed to get it working, finally, last night. I'm using the GRUB boot loader, too. At first GRUB didn't recongize my OSX install (completely understandable). However, I was able to edit the menu.list file and add it manually.

Now I have GRUB defaulting to OSX (even though it means I'll be going through two boot loaders: GRUB and BootX) but it works!

Now, how does on load up OSX while in Ubuntu, like this: http://www.ubuntuvideo.com/mac_os_x_and_windows_xp_on_ubuntu ?