Darwin boot question, please help.

PsychoSync

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Well, here is my problem: I installed OSX on my girlfriend's Thinkpad, it works great! I just need to make it invisible because i know she doen't want to have OSX on her PC.

Can i configure the Darwin boot loader to automatically boot windows instead of OSX?

Thanks

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but if it's her computer, and she doesn't want OS X on it, why not just remove it instead of trying to trick her into believing it's not on there?

Put back in her windows DVD and do a boot fix. Then the computer will just boot up windows like OSX isn't there. The trouble then lies on how you're going to boot up OSX again in the first place. Not much logic to what you're doing.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but if it's her computer, and she doesn't want OS X on it, why not just remove it instead of trying to trick her into believing it's not on there?

Such a 'girl' response. Trickery is what we do best, donchano?

I have to agree with sarahbau as well, but if you're set on it, you could just change the active partition manually whenever you want to use OSX (from the Windows command prompt), reboot, and then change it back when you're done (from the OSX terminal). Not as handy, but you'll never see a boot screen. I have no idea how you'll keep her from seeing the partition, though.