Hard Drive not visible!?! Plase Help!

tkmstr1009

17 posts in this topic

Steps:

Q: is all your HDD one partition?

A: yes

Direction if you have 120Gig HDD: make 1 partition 65Gig C:/for vista NTFS, 1 partition 45Gig D:/for Os X FAT32 and 1 partition 10Gig E:/ FAT32 SWAP for storage and comunication betwen OsX and Vista.

Do you have a USB Drive or memory stick over 4 Giga?

If yes use it to see and solve problems installing on it and formatting from installed system your "invisible" drive/partition.

Try using Acronis Disk Director to create the partitions (make the partition that Mac OS X is on a primary partition and is FAT32) ((Also make it as big as hell)) (((As big as you want))) Boot with the install DVD and then when it starts click thru the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose the Disk utility and if your partition is there click it and then click "Erase". There should be a like choosy bar that should say "MS-DOS" Click that and then click "Mac OS X Journaled" (or w/e the very top one) Then click "Erase" at teh bottom right side of the screen (right...I think... Might be left...) then click okay in the little mini-window that pops up and wait. When it is done click install after closing "Disk Utility" and go thru the motins (lol if your imature enough you will notice that the faded buttons on the side of the screen looks for...suggestive...the words sound dirty) It should like wurk now.

i can't see my hdd in the install either, but the disk utility shows it, but i can't erase/partition/do anything with it..

It only started the Crash Reporter here because it tried to load the AirPort driver.. so that can't be it..

• 3 weeks later...
i can't see my hdd in the install either, but the disk utility shows it, but i can't erase/partition/do anything with it..

It only started the Crash Reporter here because it tried to load the AirPort driver.. so that can't be it..

Hi,

I have the same problem! have you find a solution??

Thank you so much for your answer, i need help.

Best regards

Stéph.

ok, this happened to me and here's what i had to do:

i had to install OS X 10.4.8 JaS to an IDE drive (install everything you want b/c a reinstall could get messy on a patched SATA)... then, i had to patch some of my kext files to accept my sata controller (ATI sb400)... then i made an image of the IDE disk w/ Mac OS X on it... formatted my SATA disk... and copied the image to my SATA disk... that way, you fix the kexts to allow Mac to interface with your controller. when you restart, simply unplug your ide or load the install DVD and format it so that Mac doesn't accidentally boot to it (this is the only step for which you should need the install DVD).

NOTE: you may already know this... but don't install kexts/options for hardware you don't have, this only freezes the system and causes need for a reload!

if anyone needs help with this... PM me! i'm more than happy to make the patched kext for you...

• 1 month later...
ok, this happened to me and here's what i had to do:

i had to install OS X 10.4.8 JaS to an IDE drive (install everything you want b/c a reinstall could get messy on a patched SATA)... then, i had to patch some of my kext files to accept my sata controller (ATI sb400)... then i made an image of the IDE disk w/ Mac OS X on it... formatted my SATA disk... and copied the image to my SATA disk... that way, you fix the kexts to allow Mac to interface with your controller. when you restart, simply unplug your ide or load the install DVD and format it so that Mac doesn't accidentally boot to it (this is the only step for which you should need the install DVD).

NOTE: you may already know this... but don't install kexts/options for hardware you don't have, this only freezes the system and causes need for a reload!

if anyone needs help with this... PM me! i'm more than happy to make the patched kext for you...

I'm looking at this post hoping I can draw something from it... But sadly I'm trying my install on a laptop, so plugging IDE's to my limited knowledge isn't an option... :P

I have an inspron 1420 with a core 2 duo t7300 (santa rosa) processor. My installed hd is sata and I set up the partitions they way it said in the instructions.

After researching for hours, its clear to me i need to install it on a usb drive and make an image. I have a 250 usb drive that uses an ide interface and sucessfully installed osx on it. when i boot however, it gets stuck on:

ACPICPUThrottle: Adding CPU1

ACPICPUThrottle: Failed with code -536870212

ACPICPUThrottle: No valid CPUs returned by ACPI! It's possible your BIOS does not think your system should be throttled and therefore did not return any available power states, or mabey your CPU only supports one other power state than maximum

ACPI CPU Throttle loaded

ACPICPUThrottle: Adding CPU0

ACPICPUThrottle: type=82, datalen=12, _ASI=7f, _RBW=0, _RBO=0, ARD=0

ACPICPUThrottle: ACPI returns no ACPI throttling available

ACPICPUThrottle: type=82, datalen=12, _ASI=7f, _RBW=0, _RBO=0, ARD=0

ACPICPUThrottle: ACPI returns no ACPI throttling available

---->P0, 2001Mhz, 32000mW, 10us, 10us, (ctrl=0xb2e, status=0xb2e)

---->P1, 2000Mhz, 31000mW, 10us, 10us, (ctrl=0xa29, status=0xa29)

---->P2, 1600Mhz, 22000mW, 10us, 10us, (ctrl=0x81e, status=0x81e)

---->P3, 1200Mhz, 13000mW, 10us, 10us, (ctrl=0x612, status=0x612)

---->P4, 800Mhz, 10000mW, 10us, 10us, (ctrl=0x880b, status=0x880b)

ACPICPUThrottle: Intel processor detected, family=6 mode=f

ACPICPUThrottle: Using direct drive of Intel Speed Step Technology

ACPICPUThrottle: Setting CPU0 to powerstate 4

ACPICPUThrottle: rtc_cycle_count=100050000, newcount=40000000, cutoff=50000000

ACPICPUThrottle: Throttle succeeded with cur_status=0x880b, want_status=0x0!

ACPICPUThrottle: rtc_cycle_count=100050000, newcount=40000000, cutoff=50000000

ACPICPUThrottle: Adding CPU1

ACPICPUThrottle: Failed with code -536870212

Any ideas? Thanks!