Hi guys i'm just trying to figure out

what graphic cards have full support within OSX86

without the need of patching

i've been reading a few threads and there seems to be,

plenty of issues with various graphic cards

but I cannot get a concrete answer as to was is supported straight away

many thanks

Kjones

Well, if you're planning on getting a new motherboard, you should get one with GMA950 as it's the only graphics card that work without any patches. Any Nvidia or ATI needs natit or titan (driver) to work.

As for the best supported (but not without patches), I'd say the Geforce 7300GT, 7600GT, or ATI x1600.

Well, if you're planning on getting a new motherboard, you should get one with GMA950 as it's the only graphics card that work without any patches. Any Nvidia or ATI needs natit or titan (driver) to work.

As for the best supported (but not without patches), I'd say the Geforce 7300GT, 7600GT, or ATI x1600.

That's not really true, you need to remove some kexts to get res change on 950 - but it's academic since it sucks arse and you'd only want to use it if your real graphics card catches fire. Most 7xxx series card work without problems, those with ram bigger than 256MB require a bios flash. Whatever you go with, you will either have to install natit et al. or tweak your system in some way.

As the others have said, the NVidia 7000 series works well with little fuss. My boyfriend just got a 7600GT, and we installed OS X with the option to install NVidia drivers (the JaS DVD had Titan on it). Without any modification by us, it worked perfectly after install for single monitor. We did end up having to replace the Titan drivers with Natit to get his dual display working, but for single monitor, nothing could have been easier (my X800 was a huge pain by comparison).

• 1 month later...